Incoming Mail Server POP3: mail.yourdomainname.tld (so if your domain name is joeblow.com then the server setting is mail.joeblow.com)
Outgoing Mail SMTP: POP3: mail.yourdomainname.tld (so if your domain name is joeblow.com then the server setting is mail.joeblow.com)
Username: is your email address (IE; email@example.com)
Password: Has been provided to you by Muskoka Graphics.
Outgoing mail is AUTHENTICATED using incoming settings and port number is 26 rather than 25
- Open Outlook. If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard appears, on the first page of the wizard, click Next. Then, on the E-mail Accounts page, click Next to set up an email account.
If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard doesn't appear, on the Outlook toolbar, click the File tab. Then, just above the Account Settings button, click Add Account.
- Click Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
- On the Choose Service page, select Internet E-mail, and then click Next.
- Provide the following information on the Internet E-mail Settings page.
Under User Information:
- In the Your Name box, enter the name you want users to see when you send email from this account.
- In the E-mail Address box, enter your email address.
Under Server Information:
- Under Account Type, select POP3.
- In the Incoming mail server box, enter the POP server name (mail.yourdomainname.tld).
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, enter the SMTP server name (mail.yourdomainname.tld).
Under Logon Information:
- In the User Name box, enter your email address.
- In the Password box, enter your password. If you want Outlook to remember your password, make sure the check box next to Remember password is selected.
- At the bottom of the page, click More Settings, and then fill in the Internet E-Mail Settings dialog box as follows:
On the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
On the Advanced tab:
- Under Incoming server (POP3), the port number should remain at 110.
- Under Outgoing server (SMTP), change the port number from 25 to the new number of 26. Ensure that there is nothing in the delivery area at the bottom that will allow mail to sit on the server after downloaded (Leave a copy of messages on the server should be UNCHECKED
- If you're using POP3 and you want to keep a copy of your messages on the server, under Delivery, click Leave a copy of messages on the server. If you don't select this option, all messages will be removed from the server and stored locally on your computer. Caution should be used with this setting as it may fill up your servers inbox and reject email from that point forward.
- On the Add New Account page, click Next. After Outlook tests your account, click Close to close the Test Account Settings dialog box.
- On the Congratulations page, click Finish.
- On the Account Settings page, click Close.
- 1 Users Found This Useful
If you have received a "Mailbox Full" warning it is often because of settings on your computers...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution