Social media advertising is quickly becoming one of the top dogs when it comes to online advertising. The reason it has taken on a life of its own is simply because that’s where the people are.
In the last few years millions of online users have taken a liking to social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. This new fascination with social media makes social media sites a top source for online advertising.
Businesses big and small are taking notice of this and here are five reasons why:
- People spend a lot of their time on social networks – People spend more and more time on social media websites every day so why would you not spend more and more time there as well.
- People tend to like what their friends like – iPad, Droid, Silly Bandz, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Every time something gains popularity and momentum because “everyone has one” this can be attributed to social buzz. With
social buzz the community promotes your product for you.
- Some people are just popular – If your business can get just a few of these types of people to like your product or service, there is a god chance their friends will push your product or service into the view of more and more of their friends.
- People are naturally social creatures – Social media gives us a chance to connect with more people than ever before which means a potentially unlimited audience for businesses.
- People value their friends’ opinions – It is a known fact that people are more likely to buy a product or try a service based on what their
friends say so the more connections a person has the more chances a business has that someone will recommend there product to them.
Social media advertising works because it’s sole purpose it to get on the screens of everyday people. It is people that make any business successful so you need to be where the people can see you.